Wednesday, October 3, 2012

cabinet war rooms/london

While I was visiting London a couple of weeks ago I went to the Winston Churchill's Cabinet War Rooms. For those of you that are unfamiliar, this was the secret bunker where Winston Churchill and the British government worked and planned during WW2. I remember my first visit when I was 19. It had a huge effect on me. The idea that a door would be locked and not opened for 30 years was so thrilling somehow. I was thinking about it is fair to say that my obsession with preserved and "time capsule" interiors started here. The first time I was there I was not even shooting (I did not start taking pictures until I was 20 or 21), so I brought my camera this time. Of course it was so dark it was like shooting in night time and the images are all grainy, etc. but I still love it in there.
On another note, I was working on this post yesterday and had to laugh when I realized that everything is beds. You see yesterday I did my last shoot for this trip (whohoo!!!) and it had the funniest effect on me. I just got sooo sleepy! I am practically narcoleptic, falling asleep anywhere and everywhere. Even my subconscious is telling me I need some rest though the edit of this post! Guess it is a good thing I am heading back to California early tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment